A simple, light and refreshing recipe from the National Heart Foundation of New Zealand recipe book that screams summer, this is our favourite go to healthy dessert recipe.
¼ cup sugar
1.5 cups of boiling water (or brewed Stir Tea Crimson Berry Blend)
1 tbsp gelatine
1 tbsp lemon juice
5 cups assorted seasonal berry fruit
(we find blueberries; raspberries and boysenberries work beautifully together)
- Dissolve the sugar in the water (or brewed Stir Tea Crimson Berry blend), sprinkle with gelatine mixture, and mix well.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Layer the berries in a 7 cup capacity loaf tin. After years of making this dessert we always start by placing a layer of blueberries in the bottom of the tin, followed by a layer of the raspberries with the final layer of boysenberries. This means when you release the set mixture from the mould the blueberries are on the top.
- Pour the gelatine mixture over the berries. Pack well so that all the berries are covered with the liquid.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours to enable it to set.
- Place the loaf tin in hot water for 5-10 seconds to loosen from the mould.
- Invert and place gently on to your flat serving plate. Serve sliced. Delicious.
We hope you get a lot of joy from making and sharing this Berry Layer dessert over a cup of Stir Tea. Wishing you Happy Tea Times from everyone at Stir.