Pumpkin Spiced Rooibos
Pumpkin provides a good dose of Vitamin A which is known to support the immune system.
Try this delicious Pumpkin Spiced Warm Drink made with ... Tea. We love the warming feeling of this drink and the slightly sweet ..... (need comments on flavour etc in here)
3 heaped teaspoons of Stir Masala Chai or Toffee Nut Black Tea
500 mls of coconut milk
100 gms of Pumpkin Puree (around 150 gms of steamed pumpkin chunks, cooled and mashed until smooth)
1 Tbsp of maple syrup or honey
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Dash of salt
1/2 tsp arrowroot starch or cornstarch ( makes the latte super creamy)
Optional garnish: 1 cinnamon stick or star anise, coconut whipped cream
- Add the tealeaf and coconut milk to a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove saucepan from the heat and let it steep for 10 minutes. Pour the infused milk through a fine sieve to remove all the tea leaf and put the strained liquor back into the pan.
- Add the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract and pinch of salt to the pan. Whisk in the optional arrowroot starch or corn starch and using a stick blender mix the components together until drink is nice and creamy.
- Pour the mixture back into your pan and gently rewarm on the stove, then pour into two mugs.
- This is perfect as it is or you add another layer of indulgence with optional whipped coconut cream and or garnish with optional cinnamon stick or start anise.
Optional coconut whipped cream:
1 can full fat coconut milk, chilled for at least 10 hours
(must be full fat coconut milk and chilled for minimum of 10 hours.)
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Put mixing bowl into freezer to chill while making your latte
- Meanwhile pull out the chilled can of coconut milk and chilled mixing bowl. Open the can of coconut milk and scoop the solid coconut cream into the chilled bowl (you can use the remaining coconut water in smoothies). Using an electric hand whisker, beat the cream until fluffy and smooth. Add the maple syrup, vanilla extract and cinnamon and gently blend again to combine. Use the coconut cream immediately or cover and store in the fridge for later it will be soft at room temperature and more firm when cold)
Pumpkin Spiced Latte: Our modified version Inspired by two recipes - one from Cookie & Kate and one from Pete Evans, Eat your Greens Cook Book