These elegant bites are a Christmas tradition for the Stir Family. They look divine and taste delicious.
Makes about 35 and keeps well for up to a month in an airtight container.
3 cups (480g) blanched almonds
¾ cup (165g) castor sugar
½ cup semolina approximately
3 egg whites, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons orange flower water
- Process the nuts until fine, transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in castor sugar, semolina, egg whites and orange flower water. Mix to a smooth, stiff paste. Add extra semolina if the paste is too sticky.
- Shape level tablespoons of almond mixture into pear shapes.
- Insert a clove in the top of each pear and place on lilghtly greased oven trays.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 12minutes or until lightly coloured.
- Transfer to shallow tray covered with grease proof paper.
- While still warm dust heavily with sifted icing sugar.
We hope you get a lot of joy from making and sharing these Almonds Pears. Wishing you Happy Tea Times from everyone at Stir.